Dylon warns against bath dye pranking trend

Prank videos are as old as the internet itself, like the OG video of the old man watching the countryside-driving-then-scary-girl-jumps-out clip or, of course, rickrolling.

Each year or so, though, a dubious prank video pops up that actually could end up being quite worrying if it catches on to the general public.

The most recent of these stems from YouTuber Kristen Hanby, who posted a video last week of him dyeing his girlfriend’s bathwater with fabric dye.

The content creator called over his partnr Jasmine Brownsford, telling her he’d run her a bath. Unbeknown to her, he’d also added blue Dylon dye into the water (which already looked blue due to a coloured bubble bath).

When she came out of the bath her arms and legs were completely stained, with Kristen saying on Instagram that Jasmine was the ‘world’s angriest smurf’.


The video – which has been viewed over 651,000 on YouTube – sparked backlash on social media, with one user posting it on Twitter with the caption, ‘I don’t find this funny at all omg.’

Encompassing the general vibe among commenters, one person replied: ‘A joke? haha?

‘But he didn’t use a wash-out temporary dye or a natural hair dye for sensitive skin, he added actual clothes dye into the bath that she submerged her naked body in and exposed her skin to, harming her PH private area if ingested… and I’m STILL trying to find the joke.’

Tough crowd, some may say. But this kind of pranking has been dubbed ‘cloutlighting’ (a form of gaslighting for internet notoriety) for its propensity to physically and mentally harm those subjected to them.

Dylon – whose dye was used in this particular video – has also waded in to tell people to steer clear of this trend.

Rachel Ferreira, Brand Manager at Dylon Dyes tells Metro.co.uk: ‘We would highly encourage people to avoid imitating this act.

‘When using our range of Dylon fabric dyes, it’s important to follow the instructions shown on pack which outlines what the product can be used for.

‘Dyes intended to be used on fabrics only and should not be used on skin as this could be harmful or even trigger an allergic reaction.’

The reaction this guy was hoping for? Of course not.

Do you have a story to share?

Get in touch at [email protected].

Source: Read Full Article