Coronavirus symptoms: Woman who tested positive for COVID-19 reveals first sign of virus

Coronavirus can be a deadly infection. Hear how one young, and healthy, woman – with no underlying health conditions – still found battling the disease an arduous task.

Bjonda Haliti decided to share her experience with COVID-19 and the symptoms she experienced to help “bring awareness” about the disease.

Taking to Twitter, the 22-year-old documented her 10-day journey with the highly contagious virus.

On day one, she said: “It started with a mild dry cough and a slightly sore throat. I was very tired that night.”


  • Coronavirus tips: How the over 70s can keep mentally fit

The NHS defines a dry cough as “tickly” that “doesn’t produce any phlegm (thick mucus)”.

On day two, the symptoms intensified. She revealed: “I felt a lot of pressure in my head, to the point I would have to cough softly to avoid the discomfort.

“That night, I experienced the chills and had a fever.”

A fever is described by the NHS as feeling hot to the touch on your chest or back – a thermometer isn’t needed.

She continued: “One main symptom that stood out to me, my eyes physically hurt. They were tender and sore.

“Moving them was uncomfortable. Doing some research, I discovered this was just a migraine, but it didn’t go away at all. I slept all day.”

On the third day, things progressively got worse. She said her energy levels were “very low”.

“At this point, my symptoms were: dry cough, migraine, fever, chills and some nausea.”

Bjonda pointed out to her followers that she doesn’t have any underlying health conditions.

She attested: “I do not vape or smoke.” And she said she doesn’t suffer from asthma.

By this point she was stocking up on vitamins and probiotics, and she kept very hydrated.

On day four her fever subsided, but a new symptom reared its head: shortness of breath.


  • Coronavirus lockdown: How to keep physically and mentally well

“It was uncomfortable, it felt like I had bricks on my chest. I wanted to test for coronavirus.”

Admittedly, the Californian-based woman found getting tested for the contagious disease difficult, but her persistence paid off.

At last, she was tested and she stayed at home to self isolate.

She would have to wait five days for her results.

By day six, Bjonda felt her “energy levels” were beginning “to increase”.

As her energy levels returned as the days went on, she started “to feel like [herself] again”.

When day 10 came around, her results came back that confirmed she had tested positive for COVID-19.

Bjonda is still self isolating to protect others from catching the infection from her.

Source: Read Full Article